Before you begin
Nothing major - but there are a few things to keep in mind 🤓
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water and moisturize your skin 8 hours before you apply the tattoo.
- Apply your tattoo in a comfortable setting with a room temperature between 60-80 ̊F/20-24 ̊C.
- We recommend avoiding movement for the hour while the applicator is on your skin, so be prepared for that.
- Don’t apply your tattoo on areas of the body that will move or crease (i.e. elbow).
- The primer wipe included in your kit should be used before applying your tattoo. The primer wipe ensures that your skin is exfoliated and preps the skin for a smooth and clean application.
Some things to avoid
- Avoid areas with dense hair, or shave the area 24 hours prior to application.
- Avoid scars, moles, and stretch marks.
- Avoid sensitive areas like the neck, face, upper chest, inner biceps, etc.
Placement matters: If you apply the tattoo in an area that’s more central to the body (ex: shoulders, back, thighs), this can extend the life of your Inkbox! Before applying, you can exfoliate the area to get rid of dead skin - doing so will help the ink penetrate deeper.
Shaving: Inkbox tattoos don’t work well on dense hair. Small amounts of hair are fine, but we recommend shaving before the application. Do not shave the application area within 24 hours (before or after) of applying. Shaving results in micro-cuts on the skin that increase the risk of adverse skin reactions.