Before you begin
Nothing major - but there are a few things to keep in mind 🤓
- Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water and moisturize your skin 1 hour before you apply the tattoo.
- The primer wipe included in your kit should be used before applying your tattoo - this ensures that your skin is exfoliated and preps the skin for a smooth and clean application.
- Apply your tattoo in a comfortable setting with a room temperature between 60-80 ̊F/20-24 ̊C.
- Don’t apply your tattoo on areas of the body that will move or crease (i.e. elbow).
- Stay as still as possible for the hour while the applicator is on your skin.
Some things to avoid
- Avoid areas with dense hair, or shave the area 24 hours prior to application.
- Avoid scars, moles, and stretch marks.
- Avoid sensitive areas like the neck, face, upper chest, inner biceps, etc.
Shaving: Inkbox tattoos don’t work well on dense hair. We recommend shaving the area 24 hours before applying your Inkbox (shaving results in micro-cuts on the skin that increase the risk of skin reactions, so you'll want to give your skin a rest for a full 24 hours!).