Generally, smudging is the result of too much moisture being trapped in the applicator. This happens if your body is too hot before you put on the tattoo, or there's excessive movement while the tattoo is developing.
✅ The most important things to remember are:
- Moisturize the area 1 hour before application - it's best to use a water-based moisturizer!
- Use the Primer Wipe before applying your tattoo to make sure your skin is exfoliated and prepped for application.
- Don't reposition or reapply the tattoo once it's on your skin.
- Once the tattoo is developing:
- Avoid any excessive movement and heat
- Wear short sleeves to avoid any heat/sweat
- When going to bed the first night after application, wear loose fitting clothes over the tattooed area to avoid transferring overnight.