About Our Packaging
With each order you receive from Inkbox, you'll get the following:
- Outer packaging (brown envelope, tattoo sleeve, special prints, instructions)
- A Primer Wipe
- A plastic tattoo pouch
- Inkbox tattoos (applicator, border, adhesive)
Disposing of our Packaging
Ok! You've applied your tattoo and it looks great. 😎
Now what? Let's talk about properly dealing with everything you received to protect our environment!
- Any outer packaging with the recycle icon ♻️ can be recycled.
- Your Primer Wipe and all parts of the Inkbox tattoo can be disposed of in your garbage.
- Your plastic tattoo pouch may be compostable (see below)!
About Compostable Pouches
In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, our team is starting to package your tattoos in home-compostable pouches!
- Going to decompose within 180 days (faster than standard plastics),
- Lab-tested by an independent company to make sure they break down to the level of molecules that are safe for both animals and plant life!
Our new pouches are made from plant-derived polybutylsuccinimate (PBS), cellulose polymer, and compostable adhesive material.
How Do I Compost the Pouch?
First, make sure it's compostable! You'll know if the pouch has the following message on it.
🤚 Note: We're quickly transitioning all of our pouches to be compostable! This means you may receive ones that are not compostable yet. If you don't see that message, please dispose of the pouch in your regular garbage.
Once you've confirmed you can compost it, you can do so in your yard compost or garden. 🌱
Can I compost the pouches in my green bin municipal compost?
Many municipal compost or green bin programs do not yet take compostable plastics so please only compost them in your yard or garden.
If you don't have a yard or garden to use, we'd suggest disposing of the pouch in your regular garbage. The good news? It'll break down significantly faster than traditional plastics.
Where can I get more information?
If you're interested in learning more about our certifications and lab-testing, feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com anytime.