At Inkbox we know that tattoos are used for art and expression. We created our custom platform to empower you to express yourself just the way you want to.
We also understand that art is subjective. Certain designs, terms, or concepts, while sensitive or triggering for some, can be used as a source of empowerment or expression for others.
With that said, each design you order is handmade by members of our team. All submitted designs are reviewed and edited before they are made, to ensure they follow our community guidelines.
💡Sometimes, this means that we aren't able to create a design that you're hoping to get. In these cases, our team will always reach out to explain what's going on and how we can best help.
Our Guiding Principles
Here's what we consider when reviewing a design:
- How can a specific design, without context, be interpreted by others?
- What’s the context or use of the design?
- Does a tattoo cross into multiple categories below?
- Would we post it on our Inkbox website? Does it abide by our Inkbox brand values?
Our Content Guidelines
We've put these guidelines together to give you a general idea of what we look for in custom designs:
- Mature language: We accept swearing and adult language for the most part. However, if it’s directed at someone else or is malicious or hurtful to another person, we'll consider it a personal attack.
- Racism: We will not produce any tattoo that is racist in nature (including symbols that convey a message of racism or hate).
- Violence or threats: We do not accept any designs that feature/glorify violence or otherwise show a threat against another person or yourself.
- Sexual content: Explicit or graphic pornographic images are not permitted. Neither are designs featuring minors or non-consent designs.
- LGBTQQIP2SAA: We do not accept any design that is or can be interpreted as homophobic or hateful against anyone from the LGBTQ+ community.
- Sexism and misogyny: If we determine that the context (e.g. phrasing, grammar, etc.) of a tattoo can be considered derogatory, we will not create it.
When creating your custom tattoos, we'll use our discretion to determine if the tattoo has any of these characteristics. If we believe the tattoo doesn't abide by any of these guidelines or if there are other considerations outside of the guidelines, our team will reach out with either suggested edits or possibly a full cancellation of your order.
📩If you have any questions or want additional details, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for continuing to keep Inkbox a fun and safe space to express yourself ✨