At Inkbox we know that tattoos are used for art and expression. We created our custom platform to empower you to express yourself just the way you want to.
We also understand that art is subjective. Certain designs, terms, or concepts, while sensitive or triggering for some, can be used as a source of empowerment or expression for others.
With that said, each design you order is handmade by members of our team. All submitted designs are reviewed and edited before they are made, to ensure they follow our community guidelines.
💡Sometimes, this means that we aren't able to create the design that you're hoping to get. In these cases, our team will always reach out to explain what's going on and how we can best help.
Our Guiding Principles
Here's what we consider when reviewing a design:
- How can a specific design, without context, be interpreted by others?
- What’s the context or use of the design?
- Does a tattoo cross into multiple categories below?
- Would we post it on our Inkbox website? Does it abide by our Inkbox brand values?
Our Content Guidelines
We've put these guidelines together to give you a general idea of what we look for in custom designs:
Mature language: We are able to produce tattoos that feature swearing and adult language for the most part. However, if a design is directed at someone else in a malicious or dehumanizing manner, we'd ask you to revise the language.
- Racism: We do not accept any design that is racist in nature. In cases where hate groups have appropriated commonly known non-hateful icons, our team tends to err on the side of caution and will generally not move forward with the design.
- Violence or threats: We do not accept any designs that feature/glorify violence or otherwise illustrate or suggest a threat against another person or yourself.
Self Harm: We do not accept any designs that feature images or text related to (or can be interpreted as) self harm in any of its forms.
Sexism and misogyny: If we determine that the context (e.g. phrasing, grammar, etc.) of a tattoo can be considered derogatory, we will not create it.
- Sexual content: Explicit or graphic pornographic images should not be used for custom tattoos, including all photographs featuring nudity or people in compromising situations. We will automatically refund any designs featuring minors, as well as any depictions or references to any form of non-consent.
- Photographic images: We are unable to verify that individuals have truly consented to their photographs or likeness being used. For this reason, we do not accept photographs that depict nudity, or depict individuals in a compromising position.
LGBTQQIP2SAA: We do not accept any design that is or can be interpreted as homophobic or hateful against anyone from the LGBTQ+ community.
Public figures and groups: We do not accept any design that references, or features images related to, public figure and groups that promotes hate, racism, violence, misogyny, or homophobia.
- Current Events: We typically accept designs that make reference to current events and popular culture. However, we will not accept any design that is deemed to be in poor taste or makes light of tragedy or cultural issues, or may allude to sensitive topics.
- Drug Use: We accept designs featuring alcohol, marijuana, and pharmaceuticals. However, we will not accept designs featuring illicit drugs or depict the use of illicit drugs.
- Animal Abuse: We do not accept any images that depict, portray, or infer animal cruelty.
When creating your custom tattoos, we'll use our discretion to determine if the tattoo has any of these characteristics. This may include reaching out for further context or information about your design if we are unable to ascertain its meaning or intent.
If we believe the tattoo doesn't abide by any of these guidelines or if there are other considerations outside of the guidelines, our team will reach out with either suggested edits or possibly a full cancellation of your order.
📩If you have any questions or want additional details, reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for continuing to keep Inkbox a fun and safe space to express yourself ✨